As I announced previously, John and I have decided to pack up our shit and make the long trek across the country, relocating from Victoria to Toronto. Well, for the past week I've been in Toronto looking for a place to live. Because of that, I have no CSA or farmer's market treasures to share with you. Nor any features from last week. Boo! I hope you'll still share with me though.... so, without further ado, here are all the juicy details:
This blog hop is to encourage fresh food production, consumption, activism, and awareness.
Please feel free to link up:
- CSA collections;
- Farmer's market treasures;
- Home grown/raised hauls;
- Recipes that feature fresh fruits and veggies that are seasonal to your area or feature local, sustainably farmed meats, eggs, and dairy;
- DIY projects and tutorials for: gardening, storing and/or preserving fresh foods, composting market scraps, raising chickens in your back yard, etc;
- Tips for local eating such as: tips for CSA members, how to find out what’s in season, how to make the most of your local produce, how to raise chickens, etc...
Please make sure anything you link up is something that is currently available in your area from a local farmer or things from Whole Foods with the giant “Local” sign on top (or similar).
Please do not link up:
- Any highly processed recipes or foods (i.e. white flour, white sugar);
- Recipes that don’t include any seasonal, local produce, meats, dairy, or eggs or that are only about specific diets and are not focused on growing or eating fresh food;
- Recipes that feature produce that isn’t available locally and in season (e.g. mangoes and avocados in the Northeast, fresh tomatoes in winter, etc);
- Giveaways; Etsy Shops; Advertisements.
We don’t want to become the link police, and we want everyone to be able to participate; however, if you are in blatant violation of these rules, we will delete your link.
You may link up to 3 posts in a given week that you haven't shared here before by using the linky tool at the bottom of this post.
If you don't have a blog but still want to participate or don't want to write a post specifically on something you'd like to share here, feel free to comment with any thoughts, ideas or suggestions. You can also participate via our flickr pool. Just send us an email @ freshfoodsbloghop (at) gmail (dot) com or request an invitation through the flickr group’s page. Deadlines for photo submissions is the Monday before the Wednesday post.
Feel free to leave a comment here, become my friend on the right, or click on any of the linked up posts and say hello by leaving a comment for your fellow fresh food communitarians!
And lastly, please include a simple text link back to this blog hop (the post, not the blog's main page) in the post(s) you link up or add a button:
We want this blog hop to feature you as well as help each other come together to form a resource of good food ways for one another. In order to be featured on the weekly highlights - which includes a highlight on your post the following week as well as tweets, facebook page posting, and being added to our Fresh Foods pinterest board - you must have a link back or button displayed in your post or on your blog. Again, we don’t want to be the “blog hop police”, but if you don’t link back to this post we can’t feature you.
You can link up via Sam's blog @ Cooking My Way Through My CSA, as well as find her on her Pinterest site.
And of course, you can link up here and/or find me on twitter, facebook, Pinterest, and my sister site, Taste Buds.
If you have any questions about the blog hop in general, please email us at freshfoodsbloghop (at) gmail (dot) com.
Okay serious business over - let's have some fun! Link up!