Good morning lovelies! (and by morning I now mean afternoon & evening... I got a tad distracted this morning with market endeavors).
I have a confession to make... I don't deal well with change, as it turns out. A lot has happened this month that's caused the norm to become slightly disrupted.
There was the appendix debacle, the impromptu trip to Vancouver, the new cooking job that turned out to be balls and hence the leaving and then returning to the old job as an effect, John's finishing up his job and starting a new one in the next couple weeks, school starts in just about the same amount of time, and I officially quit my old job that I had returned to (it sucked. a lot.) just as I am about to start another new one - I'm serving at one of my most favorite restaurants in town that really acknowledges the beauty, art, and sophistication of good, local food and amazing wine. I start that on Tuesday. Ack!
|via table tonic.|
I used to be fearless when it came to change. As I've gotten older though I've developed two things: First, a little less love for the heat. Summer is too much for me sometimes. And second, I don't like change. I'm terrified of it. I don't like not knowing things or feeling out of place. I'm comfortable in the little sphere that is my universe and disrupting that causes me a lot of undue stress, as it turns out. But I'm so totally ready for this change. I was becoming an angry, grumpy, hateful person in my old job so I'm glad for this - I just really wanna do a good job. Plus, I make friends easily, learn quite quickly, and I love serving (especially when it's food and drink that I can really get behind... and ingest). So, as I said, this stress is undue.
|via Kim Klassen Cafe.|
Meh! I think I'm rambling a little so I'm gonna get on with the post... This past week and a half I actually didn't get around to much cooking. There was just so much going on - as I just mentioned! So instead of my own recipe, I'm gonna guide you to 10 recipes by other bloggers that are in my bookmarked "Recipes to Follow Up On" tab - it's kind of like my own go-to cookbook folder.
In the order I would eat them in, here they are!
1. Caprese Baked Egg Cups via How Sweet It Is.
2. Fried Polenta w/ Goat Cheese & Gooseberry-Chili Relish via Cooking My Way Through My CSA.
3. Mozzarella Basil Tart via Just Pinch Me
4. Chef Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing via My Fiance Likes It So It Must Be Good.
5. Date, Pecan & Bleu Cheese Pizza via The Novice Chef.
6. BBQ Portobello Sliders via How Sweet It Is (she makes good shit!).
7. Summer Sweet Corn Pasta via So Tasty So Yummy.
8. Spicy Sweet Potato Salad via The Hungry Birdie.
9. Apple Cinnamon Scones via Simply Scratch
10. Caramel Apple Bread via Fresh and Foodie.
Do you have a cooking list?? What's on it?
P.S. New recipes coming soon! I promise! I'm gonna go get my cook on now! XO!